Dominos Pizza - Dominos ripoff delivery charge

Apr 04, 2011
review #230609

If Domino's lawyers make them post a big statement about how the delivery drivers don't get any of the delivery fee they charge then why do they charge a delivery charge.We are paying for overhead.

It would be like going into a sit down restaurant and they charge you money to bring the food to the table. Ripoff I say. Who gets the money? Apparently not the drivers.

I'm sure they have some story about how this is to pay for the insurance on the drivers or some such garbage but it's just an extra fee.

I'd rather they just raise the prices and include the delivery.Remember 30 minutes or it's free days from Domino's.

8a9e46e
1.6
Had an experience with Dominos Pizza?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
aj

Mar 24

just saying I remove 2 dollars from the tip because I can't afford to pay 8 dollars for a sandwhich then 5 dollars for a tip and 2 dollars delivery fee and then 1 dollar on tax. My point no delivery fee driver gets five dollars from me, delivery fee of 2 dollars driver gets 3 dollar tip from me and so on. I reserve 5 for a tip, no more, so drivers loosing out cause delivery fee.

Don

Jul 20

The average tip in 1973, was 2$. I bet your sandwich is nice hot and fresh every time huh? I bet that driver enjoys bringing JUST a sandwich to your lap for what won't even be a gallon of gas. Keep thinking your hurting dominos by screwing your driver every time, and watch how awesome your service is. ***.

monkey man

Mar 04

The dominos drivers alwats got a small reimbursement for the gas they used which just barely covered thier actual gas useage and none of the repairs on thier cars. Then when oil prices went up and the cost of gas tripled or more, the domoinos owners decided that they would charge a delivery charge to totally offset any gas reimbursement they made to the drivers plus to cover thier costs of doing business. Actually the implementation of a delivery charge has greatly cut into the drivers tipsby at least a third toi a half of what they used to average, meanwhile the owners p[ocket the delivery charge as increased profits, as the cost of food and operating expenses have increased greatly yet the prices have not even come close to keeping pace with this increased cost.

3 0 Reply
pissed off driver

Jun 08, 2013 Duncan, Oklahoma

I've been driving for dominos for almost 3 years now. the delivery charge we used to get 1.25 for each one to go for gas, now if we take more than 1 delivery at a time the second or so we will only get .5o cents. the delivery charge use to be 2.00 but now it 2.75 and we get less. I don't know who gets the money but the drivers are screwed because with the prices going up and the delivery money going down. as a driver we are sure of is that the company doesn't care about the little guys on the frontline. :(

4 0 Reply
Pizza Delivery

Apr 21, 2013

We are not given the delivery fee, we are paid for the mileage we drove during our shift and it is no where near the amount customers are charged for the delivery fee. Also when we leave out for a delivery we check the order out and our hourly wage is reduced. Which is why we rely on a tip but most customers don't tip because they think we get the full amount of the delivery charge and that is NOT the case..wish it were we wouldn't have to hope we are tipped by the customer. Drivers pay for car insurance (more for delivery) the wear on our vehicle and gas. All the business gives us is a lower hourly wage for delivery, so much per mile driven and tips from credit card transactions.

2 0 Reply
FYI:

Apr 21, 2013

To be clear, all major pizza places do this. Not just Domino's, but Papa John's, and Pizza Hut too. Also, depending on your state/town...these charges vary in price.

Driver

Feb 25, 2013

I am a driver from Domino's - the delivery charge is for gas money. We get paid below minimum wage (about $5.50) per hour - the tip is to make up the difference, not including the gas money for the charge. It is like when you go out to eat and tip the waitress. Waitresses also make below minimum wage.

thoughts

Mar 22, 2013 Dallas, Texas

I disagree with this because dominos has already published a written disclaimer noting that the drivers do not see any of the delivery charge. That's what we're debating here - the delivery charge - not the tip paid out to the driver.

TurboBacon

Jan 03

It says on the pizza box. The delivery charge is not a tip TIP paid to your driver. TIP. never once does it say we don't get the money. The charge is two dollars and the amount we get is 1.50 for the extra miles and wear and tear we put on our cars.

Jan 03 Newark, New Jersey

Thanks for the info you'll be getting less of a tip from me now that I know you get some of the "delivery charge"

0 2
Domino's Driver Tukwila WA

Dec 26, 2012

I currenlty working as a driver for Domino's pizza. Owner has 32 Domino's stores in Seattle area. He is very cheap. When I was working for Corporate I was getting paid $1.20 per order I deliver, as soon he took over he brought it down to 75 cents per order. He charges $3.50 delivery fee and we don't get any of it. We pay for our own insurance, gas and everything. They want us to deliver in snow, and when we say who is going to fix my car if I end up in accident? No answer.

dollabill

Dec 20, 2012 Tampa, Florida

whats the fuss on the charge you are getting the convienence of ordering from home to be brought to you not having to leave your warm home ,waste gas get cold excetra. and a dollar ten of the charge goes to drivers as a gas/ware and tare on their vehicles. any tip thats given is for the drivers prompt and good service if they bring you cheese and peppers even if you didnt ask. they arent suppost to bring cheese if not asked. helpful on the new pizzas. thats what a tip is for good service

Jan 03 Newark, New Jersey

If the "delivery charge" goes to the driver, then *** off on a tip. You get your hourly wage and the "delivery charge". A waiter or waitress does not get a "delivery charge" to come to the table.

0 4 Reply

Jun 20

And when you work you dont get your hourly salary lowered for delivering to selfish *** who are to lazy to get off their fat *** and make their own food or pick it up. You want convenience pay for it ***

3 0 Reply

Jul 12

Anonymous in Newark, NJ: you are a s.t.u.p.i.d ***!

Jul 12

Please note Mr. Newark, the censored word is t.w.a.t. And you are one.

0 0
Scott

Nov 27, 2012

It's a shame they have this charge, I take it off the amount I would have tipped, so the driver only ends up with $1. If they are going to charge for delivery they should allow a percentage to go to the driver. Some companies are just so greedy.

Artem

Nov 01, 2012

when you call in the order just let them know you have a coupon, what deal it'd for and they will let you know to just had it with the money to the deriveler. now personally, i dont eat from domino's but if they giving you grief when you order ask to speak to a manager i bet they straighten right up then.

1-20 of 36 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Dominos Pizza.
Filing a new complaint about
×