Verified Reviewer

On May 7, 2020

Ritch Allison, CEO of Domino’s Pizza, Inc. wrote this:

Food Safety is Imperative – from us to you

In addition to implementing numerous precautions based on the advice of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and other health authorities to minimize the risk of the transmission of COVID-19, we mandated additional training in our stores to reinforce good hygiene practices and social distancing. We increased the frequency of the disinfection of all food contact surfaces ... and other frequently touched surfaces ... We have mandated the use of masks ... food is baked in a 450-degree oven and is not touched by anyone until you open the box.

On 9/18/20 at aproximatley 10:50 PM I arrived at Domino’s Pizza at 3555 Bayside Lakes Blvd SE, Ste 6, Palm Bay, FL 32909 to pick up my pizza. After sanitizing my hands and donning my protective mask, I looked to enter the store. I was immediately floored when I saw an employee at the table where the pizza is boxed working without a mask. I entered the store and the employee who greeted me immediately pulled his mask up and over his nose.

I asked that employee if Domino’s employees wore masks in the store. He said “some of us do.”

I again turned my attention to the employee who was still at the boxing area working without her mask. The thought of eating food from this establishment knowing that this employee could be spreading this deadly virus made me sick to my stomach. I told the employee who greeted me that I did not want the pizza and requested a refund. I did not wait for the employee to finish processing the refund (Because I am a Registered Nurse, I am fully aware of the problematic issues associated with airborne transmission of pathogens). I then immediately exited the facility.

This was especially troubling because after seeing the commercials where Domino’s expressed their unyielding commitment to provide both a safe product and a safe means to provide that product, I decided that I would ONLY purchase pizza from Domino’s. Domino’s has been the ONLY place I have purchased pizza from in months. However, now I am wondering whether the employees have been preparing my pizza and possibly spreading pathogens onto the pizza simply because they had failed to wear a mask.

As a nurse, I wear a mask for eight to twelve straight hours in a non-stop fluid environment. I have dealt with patients who were found to be Covid-19 positive AFTER my interactions with them. Had I NOT have had worn my personal protective equipment as mandated, I would have placed myself, other patients, coworkers and yes, the Dominos employee who was not wearing her mask in jeopardy of contracting covid19. This disease is simply deadly. It is NOT something to play around with and I’d like to know what Domino’s will do in response to this incident?

I have photos taken during my visit to substantiate my concerns.

User's recommendation: To date, I haven't had any response from Domino's.

Preferred solution: Explain how the company will deal with this issue..

Location: 3555 Bayside Lakes Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL 32909

Comments

#1927991

Fyi. Masks don't do *** Whether you're a nurse or not.

Get educated. And you probably shouldn't post pictures of people without their consent :)

Dominos Pizza Reviews