Dominos Pizza - Review about Missed Pizza Slices

While staying at a resort in Galveston, Texas I placed an order for my family.When it arrived a slice was missing from two different pizzas.

I called to report the incident and was put on hold numerous times. I asked for a refund, but the driver need to come pick the order back up. That was fine because my family wasn't going to touch it. I finally received a call back from the store explaining that our order had been given to another customer in the same hotel.

The driver then felt it was okay to deliver the already fingered order to us without a warning or reason.Domino's just lost a long time customer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Missed Pizza Slices
Review category
Fast Food
review #513123 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dominos Pizza? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 01 #1180248

The kid who delivered ours was on the news for credit card fraud. .been telling customers he had to use their card again and wrote all info down..I didn't go for that bull but many apparently did because the next day he was on the news for doing this to customers. .LOSER ! I MEAN THE FRANCHISE.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dominos Pizza. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Dominos Pizza.
Filing a new complaint about